Skip to content

An Invitation to Epworth

September 8, 2008

Well, it’s been a little while. Life’s been sorta crazy, but is settling down. I’m getting into the swing of school and work, living in Garland, and keeping up my 3-day training. I found a track near our home that I can walk to and walk around. I prefer neighborhoods, but there are some busy streets around our house that make walking too far a little challenging. The track will be perfect for walking around a million times to get my 17 miles. 🙂 Check out these pictures of our gorgeous house. And then let me know when you’d like to come over for dinner!

This past weekend we had a fundraiser at Grace Avenue for the Rack Pack my team for the Breast Cancer 3-day coming up in November. If you have not donated yet to this incredible cause, it is not too late! My goal is to raise $2,200 by November 1st. I have just $863 to go! Many companies match your donation. For a list of all the companies that match and to learn more about how your company can match your donation, click here. To donate and be apart of my fight against breast cancer, click here. Every dollar helps; donate whatever you can. If you can’t donate and you can’t walk, consider passing this page along to your friends and family to encourage them to donate to the cause. I am walking 60 miles over three days in November because everyone deserves a lifetime. I am grateful to so many people who have donated already. Thank you.

That’s pretty much all that is going on in my world. I’m starting some admin stuff for the youth at First Coppell again. That should be fun. Moms Out Loud is launching later next month, so things are pretty busy around there as well. Things with Jarrod are going well. Doesn’t look like Ike is going to cause an evacuation of Slidell, which I suppose in the long run is a good thing… We’re looking at heading to Monroe, LA for the weekend in a few weeks. It’s right in between Dallas and Slidell, so it’s a good place to meet. And we’re going to switch desks so that I can use his small desk and he can have my big awesome desk that takes up half my room. 🙂

Life is good.

One Comment leave one →
  1. Janet Odom permalink
    September 9, 2008 9:09 pm

    I am so glad that you are back on line. Sounds as if you are really busy and adjusting well. Who furnished the house? Do you only do your bedroon? I have always wanted to live where public transportation was available. When we lived in Nashville I rode the bus to work and it was wonderful not to have to drive.

    Test results. We left Mon morning about 6:15 AM. There was a lot of down time but we got a number of test done. But we ran out of time and didn’t get one of the MRI’s done. They wanted me to come back this morning at 9 AM to finish. We got home yesterday about 6:30 PM and there was a message on the machine that Dr. Blum wanted me to have another test and blood test. They scheduled that today, mid day. While I was in the MRI machine Jim got Dr Blum’s office and we got the rest of the test done after I finished the MRI.

    The scooter quit working so them we had too get a wheel chair from area to area. Wheel chairs are a hot commodity at the hospital. We got home about 1 PM today and I went straight to bed. I am totally exhausted and slept until about 7 PM. I’ve eaten a little and heading back to bed.

    So I don’t do much of anything these days. Love Janet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: